As county seat of Orange County, Santa Ana has a unique feel from the surrounding area. “Longtime residents know that Santa Ana’s heart lies in its artsy cultural downtown, home to a surprisingly fun-and-funky collection of galleries, theaters, boutiques, and sidewalk cafés,” says VisitCalifornia.com.
Are you looking for summer activities in Santa Ana? Whether inside the city itself or nearby, it’s easy to find summer activities in Santa Ana. Here are some of our favorites.
Santa Ana isn’t on the coast, but world-famous beaches are only a short drive away.
- Newport Beach: About 20 minutes from Santa Ana, this beach city has eight miles of sandy coastline open to the public. Beaches are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Corona del Mar State Beach: This beach, popular with swimmers, surfers, and divers, is about 14 miles from Santa Ana.
- Huntington Beach: This beach city is less than 30 minutes from Santa Ana. It has more than 15 miles of beaches, open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
If sun and swimming are your style but sand isn’t, you’re in luck: Santa Ana has a variety of public pools that will be open this summer. Check the website for admission and hours.
- Memorial Pool, 2102 S. Flower Street
- Jerome Pool, 726 S. Center Street
- El Salvador Pool, 1825 W. Civic Center Drive
- Salgado Center, 706 N. Newhope Street
Hiking and Biking
If you’re looking for exercise with your summer activities in Santa Ana, check out these popular trails.
- Santa Ana River Trail: This 8.2-mile section of the trail runs from Santa Ana to Fountain Valley. The path is popular with runners, walkers, and bikers. Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash.
- Centennial Park Loop: The 1.2-mile loop trail goes around the lake at Centennial Park. Runners, walkers, and bikers use this accessible trail. Dogs are allowed but must be leashed.
- Carl Thornton Loop: This easy .7-mile trail goes around the lake at Thornton Park.
Outdoor Movies and Concerts
This summer in Orange County, the OC Parks Summer Concert Series and Sunset Cinema Film Series are back! From June 18 to September 10, there will be 10 free concerts and 13 free movie showings. The concerts will be on Thursdays at 5:00 p.m., with the music beginning at 6:00 p.m. The movie nights will be on Fridays at 6:00 p.m., with the movie beginning at sundown. Visit the website to see a schedule of the events.
From beaches and pools to hiking and biking trails to outdoor movies and concerts, there are summer activities in Santa Ana for everyone. If that’s enough to make you consider making Santa Ana your home, give us a call: Villa Del Sol Apartment Homes offers one- and two-bedroom apartments and two-bedroom townhomes for rent in Santa Ana, California.
Image courtesy of lquintero67 on TrailLink